Okay so I’m pretty sure that one of the biggest issues in relationships is the subject of hunting and fishing! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard ladies complain and down right freak out if their other half wants to hunt or fish.
What is the big deal? I mean honestly, why is it such an issue? Here’s how I look at it, men love it that’s a fact! I’ve heardtalk just as some guys talk about hunting and fishing just as passionately as they do about their GF’s and wives! They’re in love with it! Every single guy in County Music has at least on reference to it. Heck Luke Bryan even named his song “Huntin’ Fishen’ and Loving Every Day”
Men need to release some of that cavemanlyness that builds up over time. It’s true, one weekend away they’ll come back all ready for some “alone” time!! #DateNight
Ladies let them go because when they come back they’ll spoil you with some; hey get your mind out of the gutter this post is PG 😉. I was going to say attention!!
Plus men in camo are far better than some guy in loafers! What’s hotter then a guy with a gun or bow and scruff, I can’t think of anything!!
So next time let your man wants to get his hunt or fish on, let him!! Trust me you’ll think me later! Plus when he’s gone go do something fun with your girls!! CountryLiving came up with a great list of “26 Under-The-Radar Southern Girlfriend Getaway Towns”.
I honestly thought that by the time I turned twenty-five I’d be married, have two kids, have a Journalism degree and be on the sideline reporting for ESPN or College Game Day. I’d love to host with Sam Ponder she’s awesome! Sorry for the fangirling, but she’s amazing!
Okay so things haven’t gone quite that way. Actually none of that has happened. If you told me six years ago that I’d still be living at home with my parents, sharing a room with my younger sister, jobless and carless; I probably would’ve punched you in the face. But there’s more to it, because I’m not being a bum.
“You have Lyme Disease and that’s why you’re so sick…” That’s what I was being told the fall after my senior year of highschool. So I have Lyme Disease. As the doctor was talking with my mom I thought to myself, “That’s nice, but I don’t hike and I hate to camp, so how did I get this and how do I get better?” That’s when the Doctor interrupted my thoughts….. “Because you have such an advanced form of Lyme Disease we would like to put you on an IV directly attached to your heart.” So you could say that I was just a little freaked out by all of this to say the least. On top of feeling awful, which included migraines that felt as if I had taken a hit from a defensive lineman and now I had the worst concussion ever.
I wasen’t to keen on having an IV put into my heart; I mean who would be okay with that and I applaud those that are dealing with that!!!
There I was feeling as if my world was falling apart. I wanted to be at school freaking out about classes and the freshmen 15! But no, I was in a doctor’s office in Northern California being told about this insane disease that has no cure! Oh and did I mention that there’s a huge government conspiracy behind it and insurance companies won’t recognize it as an actual disease!
Let’s go back to highschool, I had planned on going to college at either the University of Alabama (Roll Tide) or The University of Florida. I was going to double major in Journalism and Multimedia! I was ready for college. I had done tons of research on literally everything from the best places to eat, which church’s were popular, the best sororities (Tri Delta) etc. I was ready to be the next Erin Andrews! But as my Junior year was nearing the end I felt awful and things only got worse from there. By the end of my Senior year I was barely leaving the house. Plus my family was dealing with major church drama and now my walk with God was almost non-existent.
All I can say is I felt like I had done something and was being punished for it. Being sick has been absolutely the most frustrating and emotional testing thing I’ve ever been through. It’s still a battle, but I’m getting better at fighting. I went on antibiotics for about six months and it made me sicker. Which apparently is how it works. We weren’t okay with that. I mean I didn’t do much before the meds, but on meds I was now really not leaving the house. I ended up not going to college. But after tons of prayer I now realize that going to school wasn’t part of God’s plan for me. One reason I started this blog is because I love to write and I don’t need a Journalism degree to do that. I still wish I could do some sideline reporting but you never know what could happen! I have also gotten really into golf and I’m getting ready to start working on that pretty soon. I’ve also jumped into song writing and I’ve been doing research on music producing. I‘m still sick but I know how to handle it. Plus I’ve given my whole future to God. I have zero control of how I feel and where I end up. I’ve learned that I’m not the one in charge. I can try and take it over and well honestly that never ends well!! My faith is in God and his amazing powers! Do I think he can heal me, of course but he hasn’t. I don’t know why I have Chronic Lyme Disease, but I do and I will live my life to the fullest! I think Tim Tebow said it best, “I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future!”.
So that’s just a small glimpse into my life!!
When you click on here to start a post it says to “Share your story story.” That got me thinking, What exactly is my story. Is my story one whole or is it a bunch of little stories all put together. That’s when it hit me; our stories are like screenplays, (for non showbiz peeps those are scripts). All of our stories start out pretty dramaticly, I mean how many of us have been born on an airplane or on the backseat of a bus. I personally don’t know anyone but it could happen. We are the stars, we have a huge supporting cast, probably an even bigger villan cast and as our story plays out we go through ups and downs. We’ll have love scenes, fight scenes scenes, scenes straight out of an action-romcom-thriller. It’s a master piece that Leonardo DiCaprio would want to be in!
So think about this, what do you want the critics to say about it when it’s all over? What award’s will it be getting? Who will it help, if anyone?
I’m still working on my story and I am going to make it a blockbuster!
So I don’t ever talk politics because it’s a touchy subject!! I totally understand I mean we’re passionate people in this country and for good reason; we did tell England to suck it back in the day!!
But what I do like to talk about is music; especially when one of my Artist Spotlight singers/bands has a big accomplishment!! So when Sugar Ponies contacted me about this video I had to post it!!
Now don’t get crazy, a fan of theirs made a campaign video for Hillary Clinton and used their song “Give A Girl A Break“!! The Sugar Ponies didn’t make the video and just because a song was used really means nothing!! I’m super excited for them because it’ll help get their music out to even more people, that might have never gotten the chance to hear it!!
So wether you’re right or left, let’s all just put the political brouhaha on hold and come together in the name of music!!
PS, THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT!!!
There’s way more than 10, but I don’t want to tire you out!!
- It’s all about the action movies! Okay so I’m not sure why but I really do love action/thriller movies. Maybe it’s because they mainly star all of the handsome men of Hollywood. I mean you can’t go wrong with some hot guy being all manly and shirtless!! (Don’t Judge, you know I’m right!)
- I talk a lot! Well maybe this isn’t surprising since I do blog and I have over 12,900 tweets!! According to my lovely parents; I started talking when I was six months old and haven’t stopped, (their words not mine.).
- I have never left the house without my toes being painted!! Honestly I think you need some kind of polish on your toes!! It’s just appropriate and shows class! So ladies No Naked Toes!
- I don’t have any tattoo’s!! This one sometimes surprise’s people. I’m pretty sure everyone my age has at least one. I think they’re cool but I’m a huge whimp and could never get one. Plus I’m pretty sure my mom would kill me.
- I had my nose pierced for seven days! This one is super pathetic. So I had my nose pierced in my living room at midnight (I was completely sober!), It was fine a friend who does this all the time did it. Then exactly seven days later it was infected and I had to take it out! So I looked awesome for about a week and then it was over! PS it wasn’t his fault my body acts weird!!
- I was homeschooled! This one always gets people. Apparently to be homeschooled you need to make your own butter and only listen to hymns. Come on people it’s 2016 it’s normal! Just look at Tim Tebow,(yes I just compared my coolness to that of Tim Tebow!) He’s awesome.
- In the last 10 years I have only read five books cover to cover; The Great Gatsby, Peter Pan The Novel, The Wizard Of OZ The Novel, Alice In Wonderland The Novel, and the Bible. This sounds a lot worse than it is. I am an internet surfing kinda girl. Wikipedia is my true love!
- If I could I would move to London. I am in love with The UK. If I ever had a chance I’d be packing!!
- I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies or read any of the books. Don’t start I think they’re lame and I could never get into them!
- I believe in love at first sight! It’s a thing; I mean it hasn’t happened to me yet, but I know it will!!
- Here’s a bonus one! I am a firm believer that leggings are not pants!! Please do humanitie a favor and put the damn jeans on!!!! Leggings are not concealing ANYTHING!!!😭
Host a Wimbledon brunch party to watch the big match with friends. These tennis party ideas include decorating tips, a playful brunch menu with recipes, and lots of inspiration❣
I was on Pinterest (surprise) and I came across the best party idea from Chris at CelebrationsAtHome.com hosting a Wimbledon party❣❣ I think this would be so amazing❣❣
For all the tips and super cute decorations check it out here❣❣
Follow Celebrations At Home on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter❣❣
Apparently this pie is made for royalty, no really this is Queen Elizabeth’s birthday pie!!!!
Chocolate Perfection Pie
For the pastry:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vanilla sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the filling:
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate (1 1/2 bars)
1/2 cup water
2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ounces Ghirardelli white chocolate , grated (1/2 bar)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then prepare the pastry case/shell. In a large bowl add the flour and sugar and rub in the butter to resemble fine crumbs. Add the egg yolk and cream and form the paste into a ball.
2) Roll out the paste and line a 9-inch flan ring, then partly bake the flan.
3) Prepare the filling. Place a mixing bowl over a pan of boiling water (like preparing hollandaise) and add 2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and the salt. Whisk until the mixture starts to foam and then remove the bowl from the top of the pan to a cool surface. Continue whisking until the mixture reaches the ribbon stage. Pour onto the base of the flan and return to the oven until the filling has risen and is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and allow the filling to sink back into the shell. This is the first layer of the flan.
4) Melt the 6 ounces of chocolate and add the water and egg yolks. Whisk until combined. Spoon half of the chocolate mix over the top of the sunken filling and return the flan to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the flan to cool completely. This is the second layer of the flan.
5) Beat the cream and cinnamon until stiff and carefully spread half of the mix into the flan. This is the third layer.
6) Fold the remaining cream and cinnamon mix into the remaining chocolate mix and spread into the flan. This is the fourth layer. Sprinkle on the grated white chocolate and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
I’m pretty sure I love cake as much as I love my mom!! Seriously I need help and a personal trainer (yes I’m a major chunky monkey when it comes to cake!!).
Anyway I found this super cute and extremely practical cake or pie transporter!! If you have ever tried to take a cake or pie to a potluck or a dinner party; it’s a complete disaster!! You get an overly priced plastic tray with snap on lid, then you put it in your car and you drive like you have a flipping bomb in the back seat!!
This amazing company is called PieBox!!
The Cake holder is made out of unfinished pine!! Yes it’s wood!! It can hold 18 cupcakes or one 9″ cake!! I’m loving this!! The best part is it’s made right here in the US!!!
Check it out and make sure to buy it!!!
The Typzee Gypzee aka Holland
Buzzfeed somehow always knows what to say and when to say it!! So randomly one day I was googling funny quotes about not camping or not being “outdoorsy” and I ran across an article from BuzzFeed titled
“32 Signs You’re Not An Outdoors Person At All”
Yes that spoke to me!!
I can honestly say that I hate the outdoors as in the wilderness!! Don’t get me wrong I like parks, my backyard, a farm, even a botanical garden here or there is lovely but camping and having to pee in a hole is so not me!!
So when I read this article I about died because it’s basically me minus the gardening and farming part!!!
Here are a few things according to BuzzFeed:
1. You get stressed out thinking about the lack of power outlets outside.
2. And you don’t even want to think about how bad the wifi service is.
7. You don’t care about learning how to use a compass — you have Google Maps for that stuff.
12. You consider mosquito’s the worst creatures on earth.
15. You’re not sure why you’d go hiking outside when there’s a perfectly good treadmill at the gym.
19. Or if it’s hot, you start sweating the moment you step outdoors.
25. Going camping is basically your darkest nightmare
Check out all 32 signs here!!!
Since I was 12 I’ve wanted to golf!! Yes I understand that was 11 almost 12 years ago!!
But I’m pretty sure that I finally have my dad convinced that he should teach me and since he was on his high school golf team (he lettered) and he taught me how to drive a car, he can now teach me how to use a driver, (see what I did there haha and if you didn’t get it it’s all good it’s a stupid joke)!!
Now I’ll give you a little background on myself! I was what parents and teachers called an “old soul” or some like to say “stick in the mud”I hated to run as a kid, I hated the outdoors and I even cryed at a petting zoo because I guess I thought that a goat would attack me, I don’t what was wrong with me!! So golf would be an obvious choice right!!
Well now thanks to Jordan, Rory, Jake Owen and all the other super handsome/amazingly talented young people, golf is now the cool preppy sport!! I’m pretty sure that everyone is playing or at least trying to play!!
It’s now going to be my thing!! Yes I plan on being great at it, hell I might go pro anything is possible it’s 2016!!
And yes I already have a golf board on Pinterest with some super cute outfits!!
So here’s to me bringing my inner Happy Gilmore to a golf course near you 😉